Sunday, March 24, 2019

Dewi's Intercultural

Dewi Arifia
40020117060019
D3 - Bahasa Inggris

Assignment 2 for Intercultural Communication

1. What does silence indicate in conversations? Does it always indicate the same thing? (e.g., approval or disapproval)
3. Who can criticize whom? Under what circumstances? In what manner do people make criticisms?
5. How do people invitations? Is it appropriate to insist on someone's accepting an invitation if he or she has refused several times?
7. In comparing English verbal patterns with those in your own language have you observed any differences or similarities in boasting, expressing modesty and complaining?
9. You need some money and you are considering asking either your parents or your friend for a loan. How would you ask your parents? and how would you ask your friend?

Answer
1. In Semarang, I think silence indicate more to approval and showing that we don’t know exactly about the asked topic. Silence in conversations sometimes also mean that the speakers are thinking the next right topic.

3. In my opinion someone can criticize other people in a situation if the person has a mistake by giving a clear reason where lies the error and inviting the person to speak well so that there is no misunderstanding.
5. If it’s a formal event (wedding ceremony, graduation, etc.), someone usually invite them by sending a formal invitation. But if it’s an informal, they would send people a message through their gadget, asking them to join at their party.

7. In my hometown people very rarely boasting with anger feelings, people usually boasting when there is funny thing in conversation with someone. And when expressing modesty of other people who are not familiar they usually talking using Javanese language krama (Javanese language krama is Java language smooth normally used when speaking to older people).

9. I will tell my parents  to borrow the money and then explain for the needs that I really need at that time and promise to return the money on time. Meanwhile, if I ask my friend, I would do it similarly to my parents.  But first, I am not going to loan too many, just how much I need it necessarily. I will also make sure when the right time to pay the money back to my friend, so they would being sure of lend me their money.





Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment